National Nutrition Month® is an annual campaign created by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. During the month of March, everyone is invited to learn about making informed food choices and developing healthful eating and physical activity habits.
Eat a variety of healthy foods every day!
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Hydrate healthfully.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Facts Panels.
- Avoid distractions while eating.
- Take time to enjoy your food.
Plan your meals each week!
- Use a grocery list to shop for healthful foods.
- Be menu-savvy when dining out.
- Choose healthful recipes to cook during the week.
- Enjoy healthful eating at school and work.
- Plan healthy eating while traveling.
Learn skills to create tasty meals!
- Keep healthful ingredients on hand.
- Practice proper home food safety practices.
- Share meals together as a family when possible.
- Reduce food waste.
- Try new flavors and foods.
Consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN)
- Ask your doctor for a referral to a RDN.
- Received personalized nutrition advice to meet your goals.
- Find an RDN who is specialized to serve your unique needs.
- Thrive through the transformative power of food and nutrition.
Personalize Your Plate
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to nutrition and health. We are all unique with different bodies, goals, backgrounds and tastes! And a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist can tailor a healthful eating plan that is as special as you are.
Learn about types of vitamins, nutrients and minerals and when supplements might be needed.
Help us support the cause for healthy living, spread the word on these valuable tips and let's help save lives! Ask your health care provider about a referral to see a nutritionist today so that you may begin living more healthfully.