Preparation - Before the Hurricane:
1. Protect your property, especially the ones exposed to wind or water damage.
2. If you have wind shutters, make sure that they are tight and secured.
3. Keep your important documents in a plastic seal-able bag.
4. Prior to the storm, take pictures of your property so that you can document their
existence and value.
5. Clean up gutters and any other areas near or within the property that may prevent
a natural flow of water.
6. If possible, remove electronic equipment from the floor.
7. Know how to interrupt power should you need to in an emergency.
8. Think of your safety. If your area is being evacuated, please leave
9. Keep water, food, a first aid kit, medicine, flashlights, extra batteries,
sanitation and hygiene items, and other emergency items accessible in a backpack.
10. Fill plastic bottles with clean water for drinking.
11. Fill bathtubs and sinks with water for flushing the toilet or washing the floor or clothing.
12. Fill your car's gas tank, in case an evacuation notice is issued.
13. Turn off propane tanks and unplug small appliances.
14. Bring in anything that can be picked up by the wind, such as bicycles and patio furniture.